Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bird Inspired

For my final, I want to do portraits of women, but bird inspired. I don't have images to show you of how I want it to look, but the portraits are relying on the makeup and the feathers that I have. I have 5 different kinds of feathers: Eagle, pheasant, raven, yellow canary, and turkey. I'm not sure how I feel about the turkey feathers because those aren't as fun as the others, but we'll see. The process I am doing is polaroid transfer because the color of the photos is important and I really like the look of the end product. What I think is going to happen is that I'm going to use several transfers to make a bigger picture because I feel these pictures would definitely be better larger. This sounds kind of vague, but I actually have quite a bit of it planned out, I just need to get a few more items and then need to shoot.

1 comment:

  1. I feel as if I have push this suggestion onto you before, but you can consider the hybrid bird. Dye, cut, mix species of bird feathers together.

    I'm reminded of Darwin's Rhea (Lesser Rhea) and the discovery of his Christmas dinner as being the elusive bird he had been hunting. Picking over the carcass, employing a skilled taxidermist, and some goose feathers, he had the bird reconstructed (sort of).

    Read more:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin%27s_Rhea

    Did you know that Ben Franklin first suggested the turkey to be our nations bird? He found the bird to be clever.

    ReplyDelete